The sight of the vanilla drapes n the orange sun...
It lulls me back to my first day in hostel. I never left home in my 18 years of life, not even for a sleep over at some girlfriend’s place. Home was where luxury was…
I returned from my first day in college and hugged my bed. I breathed in deep… I noticed such stuff for the first time in life, maybe because of the very busy morning.
We had no idea when to wake up as classes were from 8:30am. We woke up at 5, bathed in cold water!! COLD, for the 1st time in my life (yes, it was this big issue then :P). The bathrooms seemed tiny, smaller than a celebrity shoe closet. I was totally disgusted!! But it was fun!!Talking in the shower to the other girls n wondering who might turn out to be the beyotch!!!
We had enough time before breakfast was served…
I had my food, and then called up dad before stepping out into the real world. With real world comes real worries- carrying your own money and not losing it!!!
A then-friend called me with ‘concerns’ and talked to me like a mom :D
We had the totally new kind of uniforms- kurta pajama n dupattas. We all smelled like new.
Bright new day for us, we stepped out with one sissy escort who didn't prefer to be called "uncle"! and hence i did ;)
And then it rained, rained and rained!!! I felt mud in my sandals, my hair got wet. Lost my umbrella in the bus, managed not to lose my bag, finally, we were sitting in a math class, 20 minutes late, and the teacher was speaking Greek or whatever.. .who cares ;)
Only thing I remember was the never ending & forever yawning classes and that I already hated some seniors.
A bright rainy muddy happy teary day ended. And they had already given us home work %#$@*###


nice :)
ReplyDeleteAha! Like your free-flow style of writing. :)
ReplyDelete